Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

It's not over until the fat lady sings!

Many of you probably don't know this but I really enjoy the opera. It's not only the singing I like but the whole experience of it. I enjoy dressing up and going to St. Paul (which is a beautiful city at night) and then the show. I must say that because I enjoy going does not mean I either want to be in the opera (dear God i would be booed off stage) or that I am one of those opera connoisseur who pick apart the entire show for all its flaws. I had season tickets two years ago and that was amazing! I really really enjoyed going, then for the '07 to '08 year i couldn't buy season tickets (that little trip to Europe set me back) so here I am in the renewal time for the '08 and '09 and the economic stimulus checks are being sent out soon so... WooHoo!! Oh lets just wait up a second here last week my car decided to need an alignment... a very expensive alignment (because you know that you can never get anything done on your car without problems) That mixed with other bills that need to be taken care of result in no opera for me :0(

A couple of days ago I was tell this sad story to my Mom and Dad they know how much I enjoyed going to the opera (it was brought up by one of the fliers coming in the mail) They both said they were sorry that it had to happen like this. My dad went downstairs and my mom and I kept talking mostly about school and my second job. After about 5 minutes my dad came back up and asked how much the opera would have been for me. I told him and he did one of the most unexpected things I have ever seen him do... he said "if you really want to go I will write the check and this will be your birthday and Christmas presents for this next year." ... I was speechless. It was less of the excitement of going back to the opera and more of the fact that he offered without me even insinuating that I wanted him to buy them. (keep in mind this is the same guy who when I asked for the $125 to take my LSAT because I was broke he gave a me a due date for repayment!)

So I guess the saying is true, it really isn't over until the fat lady sings and she will start singing in October at the first show of the season. Which I now will be attending thanks to my dad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coolio!