Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

"Isn't it a lovely day to be caught in the rain?" -Fred Astaire


I love the rain. It is always so calming to me. I think Fred Astaire and Irving Berlin had it right.

"Let the rain pitter patter

But it really doesn't matter
If the skies are gray
Long as I can be with you it's a lovely day!"

I like old movies like this one... the song is from Top Hat. I know that the movies are horribly inaccurate portrayals of the time period but it makes the world seem to be so much more loverly. Today seems like a day right out of the silver screen, with all the gray and gloom. Everything seems more classic on a day like today. You know I think I would rather like living in Seattle, I wonder if it really rains there as much as people say.

Ok I just thought of a game to play!!! It involves you the reader! Since its going to rain all weekend I want you to think of your favorite song about rain (or a song you know the has rain in the title or lyrics) and post it in the comments below!

PS: I understand this is a lot of rambling and some nonsense but really people it is a rainy day.

2 comments:

Matt Otto said...

Mine is "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" by CCR. I also like rainy days too, but I want some severe weather to come our way! lol

: )

Unknown said...

PURPLE RAIN! PURPLE RAIN!

That's the first song that came to mind. Yay for Prince.